Stalk me elsewhere

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Hitting 50 ...and more

Because I just hit 50, I have Long Island Iced Teas over here for all of the Fire Enthusiasts! Okay, many of you might already know that my birthday was in March and I barely turned 41. What I'm talking about here is the 50 followers mark.

Believe me, when I turn 50 years old, I'll be drinking Crown! Unless my doctor tells me not to, that is!

No, I just wanted to take a moment to thank everyone who has followed me along this four month journey. A year ago at this time I only had a finished novel. I had yet to discover Vamplit Publishing. I obviously had yet to realize the dream of seeing my name in print. I had only heard of blogging and had not spent any time at all thinking that I might ever have one of my own!

And then there's Facebook. Just yesterday I was sitting on 97 fans on The Official James Garcia Jr Author's Page on FB. I put out the word, asking if anyone might like to help me get over the 100 mark, and help me they/you did. If you take a glimpse over at the badge on your right you will notice that we are now sitting at 121. Wow!

So I thank all of you. I thank you for taking the time to read what is up on Blood Read. If you haven't gone, it's free. I thank those of you who have bought a copy of the Dance on Fire ebook, especially those who have blessed me with a comment or review. And for those of you who have promised to immediately snatch up a copy of the novel when it makes its paperback debut...it's coming.

I'll be sure and let you know!

Not only is the paperback coming, but Dance on Fire: Flashpoint will be delivered to Vamplit Publishing sometime this fall for a potential winter 2010/spring 2011 release in both formats!

These first months have been exciting and I thank you all again for taking this ride with me. I hope you'll continue to do so.

In the meantime, enjoy the Long Islands.

I know I will.

We'll talk soon.

(Updated)6-30-10. Okay, so I posted and had the number for 24 hours, and then suddenly I dropped one. I had a moment when I was shocked, followed by another with irritation, followed by a desire to quickly get the post down before it became too embarrassing. However, it's happened to others, it's happened now to me, for whatever reason. I am simply going to decide to roll with it. I don't need to know who it was. I'm just going to keep blogging, keep moving forward, and look forward to number 100.

We'll talk soon...I promise.

3 comments:

  1. Hey, don't worry about it. Followers...they come and they go...but the readers? They always stay. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I really appreciate you taking the time. I'll get back to you here or on one of the other social networks. It's not like we're not on all of them, right? ;) Also, if you're here to give me an award - bless you. However, your friendship and visits are more than enough. Thanks and blessings.