Stalk me elsewhere

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Sunday Morning Musings



Good morning and Happy Easter. This isn't a blog that is about to get preachy. I just realized that during this important weekend it would be a good idea to give thanks for all that I have received. There has been way too much in 41 years to list here, but specifically I would like to address my writing. If it weren't for Him, there never would have been a Dance on Fire, nor its as yet unpublished sequel. There would be no future writings. There would be no blog, no Facebook Author's page, etc., etc., etc.


So for that, along with everything else, I simply would like to offer my heartfelt thanks.


Well, I did it. I waited, thought about it long and hard, weighing all of the pros and cons, and eventually decided to order my Kindle. What did you think I was going to say? ...Anyway, I paid for it to arrive in a day, so I got it Saturday afternoon and have been playing with it most of the day. My novel is on it. Why? I don't know. It's not as if I'm going to read it! I spent years writing and editing the thing. Let others read it! LOL! You authors know what I'm talking about. Am I right?
I have been reading Andrew M. Boylan's Concilium Sanguinarius. It is a very good novel and I am looking forward to writing that review. Unfortunately, I'm on the computer enough as it is (Lord knows!), so attempting to read something there has been a struggle. Today, thanks to the good folks over at Amazon and their little creation, I have managed to read well over a hundred pages, and plan on getting back to it just as soon as I get this little blog finished. I would love to hear what other Kindle owners think about there experience so far, what they're currently reading, and what books are absolute must-have's.



I love to go to the movies. I would see everything on the big screen if I could. I've got the 42 inch Widescreen Sony in my living room with home theater that can attest to that. Lately, other than getting the boys off my back, err, I mean, taking the boys to see Avatar, there hasn't been anything for the wife and I until today. Okay, I liked Avatar, but I don't need to see it multiple times like the kids do...

Has anyone out there seen Ghost Writer yet? Wow! It was so nice to sit through a film that kept me guessing. There was one scene or two where it was fairly obvious where the action was going, but by and large the film kept me riveted. Both my wife and I liked it. It had an original story, great acting by a fairly all-star cast, good locations and was well directed. It gives me pause, thanks to Roman Polanski's private life troubles, but clearly the man has skills. It is based on the novel The Ghost by Robert Harris. It is a candidate to become one of the next books that I purchase for my Kindle. When the DVD comes out later in the year I will most definitely be ready to view this film again.

Well, that's about all that I have for now. I hope everyone is having a great weekend. It has been a three-day weekend for me, which I am enjoying immensely. Happy reading. Happy writing. Happy Easter!

We'll talk soon.

1 comment:

  1. Hi James, I like the way you think. In this day and age when the power of the evil one is increasing, it is far too easy to take God for granted and worse, forget about Him altogether.

    Personally, I give Him Thanks and Praise every day, preferring to dwell on the things I have rather than on the things I haven't or want. He has done so much for me and continues to hold and guide me that like you, I would have no writing to show for it otherwise.
    LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I really appreciate you taking the time. I'll get back to you here or on one of the other social networks. It's not like we're not on all of them, right? ;) Also, if you're here to give me an award - bless you. However, your friendship and visits are more than enough. Thanks and blessings.