Stalk me elsewhere

Monday, April 11, 2011

Wicked Writers


Hello, Fire Enthusiasts. How's Monday so far? Not a fan? Me, neither. I like them only when they are holidays...or when it's 3:00 pm and my eleven hour day is over. That's when I usually like them.

As some of you know I am a member of the Wicked Writers Blog. One of the first things I did when I got started doing PR for my writing last year was to do a guest post. It was a huge thing for me. Back then I didn't know what in the world I was doing. Now I mostly know. *grins* Sometime thereafter I was asked to join as a regular and handle the every other Friday duties.

In any event, I have met some great people over there and I thought I would take a moment to give them a shout-out, not only for the confidence-building and inspirational stuff that they are doing for writers all over the globe, but also because my partners in crime are a great bunch of wonderful people.

Writing from seemingly every Fictional Genre, coming from every imaginable background and bringing varied styles and tastes are the following writers:

(Ladies First)
Anastasia V. Pergakis
Carole Gill
C.J. Ellisson
J.D. Brown
Sharon Hamilton

I have a school-boy's crush on them all. Thankfully, they all live so very far away...except Sharon. ;)

David Sartof
George Allwynn
Gregory Marshall Smith

I was going to say that I have a man crush on these guys, too, but I'm not quite liquored up enough for that!!

Everyone of these talented writers inspire and hold me accountable, whether they know it or not. Sometimes this writing game is too much and I feel like pulling the plug; however, each and everyone of them has a similar story which keeps me going. I thank them for this.

If you haven't heard of the Wicked Writers I hope you'll surf over and give us a look. Our writers go from Romance to Fantasy to Horror to Erotica and everything else in between. I try and stay away from the Erotica, myself. I giggle too much! Okay, not really. We follow a prompt all week long and our goal is to help others with their writing...hopefully helping our own writing at the same time. Beginning Monday, we will ask where the best and worst places are to write. I'm up this coming Friday. I just looked up our prompt Sunday afternoon. I like to give myself a day of so for inspiration to strike. It usually doesn't take me very long...

I hope you'll come by and make yourself at home. We'd love to see you there.

We'll talk soon.

8 comments:

  1. Isn't the supportive writing community wonderful? I love how most truly want to help and encourage one another.
    I'll check out the wickedness now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning, Kelly. Thanks for stopping by. Yes, I do love it that everyone is so helpful and supportive. It isn't any fun to be guarded all of the time, but sadly there are some who aren't nearly as nice. Thanks for checking out Wicked Writers. I just finished the draft on my post for this Friday. Hopefully I'll see you then...
    Take care.

    -Jimmy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't know anything about erotica: I have eight children. Hmmn. A very eclectic and talented group of writers, I must agree. Wickedly witty writers who write well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Blaze. Thanks for stopping by. In my constant effort to keep the virtual spiderwebs from accumulating on this blog, it dawned on me that I could take a day and post about Wicked Writers. I write for that blog every other Friday, but don't do a very good job of mentioning it here. I hope this post helps to bridge that disconnect.
    Have a great week.

    -Jimmy

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like a great group, jimmy. I will definitely check it out:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Michele. I hope to see you there. Have a great week..

    -Jimmy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a great group. I will definitely check it out.

    Which day is erotica?

    ReplyDelete
  8. M.P.!! You're bad! I saw your note this morning very early at work, but I guess I didn't really read it until just now. "Which day is Erotica", huh? I'll be sure and pass your question along to C.J.... She'd know.
    Thanks for stopping by. Did you bring the Grammarmobile with you? I'm sad I missed it.
    ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I really appreciate you taking the time. I'll get back to you here or on one of the other social networks. It's not like we're not on all of them, right? ;) Also, if you're here to give me an award - bless you. However, your friendship and visits are more than enough. Thanks and blessings.