Stalk me elsewhere

Monday, January 10, 2011

Stylish Blogger Award

Hello, Fire Enthusiasts. Happy Monday! Yes, I know. There's no such thing. I thought I might give it a shot, you know?

Well, perhaps it still can be.

How, you ask? I was blessed by my good friends Carole Gill, from Demon Vampire Horror and J.D. Brown with The Stylish Blogger Award. My thanks to them for having thought of me. I would like to nominate a few of you as well, but first a bit of business. In order to accept this award, I must reveal 7 things about myself:

1) The easy one is the fact that my first novel took twenty years to write.

2) Our cat is named for "Jones" from the film, "Alien". He looks like that cat, too. Likewise, all he does is hide whenever the damned aliens come around.

3) I'll be making my first trip to New York City this year when my son and the Kingsburg High School Wind Ensemble plays at Carnegie Hall.

4) I can go from W*A*S*P, Ozzy Osbourne and Iron Maiden to Barry Manilow and then back to 30 Seconds to Mars in the blink of an eye and dependant upon my mood.

5) I write horror but don't really watch scary movies. I would prefer to watch a romantic comedy.

6) I sing high notes in the Steve Perry (Journey) and Freddie Mercury (Queen) range.

7) I could go weeks without food, a few days without water, but would curl up into a ball and die in hours without music.


And now, without further ado, here are the ten bloggers that I nominate:

A Bourbon for Silvia

Laura Marcella

Jessica Brooks at My Thoughts Exactly

Michele Shaw

Lorelei over at Lorelie's Muse

Jen over at Jennifer Wylie

Chasing the Dream

Almighty Heidi at Aliens Have Invaded My Brain

Alex J. Cavanaugh

The Missing Word

I know it's a little bit of work, but I hope you will have fun with it. Thanks for the light you all have added to my days. Take care and have a great week.

We'll talk soon.

6 comments:

  1. Thank you! And cool name for a cat - Alien and Aliens are great movies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ref: 4) I can go from W*A*S*P, Ozzy Osbourne and Iron Maiden to Barry Manilow...

    Now that just scares me. LOL

    And I just realized that my comment from the other day (from your vlog) never showed up. I submit that you do indeed sleep with your book under your pillow. After all, you never gave us proof for otherwise. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jimmy. I'll take my award and post it over on my blog. That's really nice of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alex - you are welcome. In my house, we couldn't simply choose something easy or docile. We had to go for something with meaning. By the way, I've been having a lot of fun getting ready for that music blogfest. My post is almost done.

    Maria - Ha! Seriously, I set them down on a shelf, after I had given a first batch away, and haven't gone back. I don't even have one at work. It's a most interesting development: I stressed over the paperbacks for nearly a year, but once they had arrived, I was over it.

    Lorelei - You are welcome. The second best thing about all of this writing has been the friendships created.

    Thanks to everyone for stopping by,

    -Jimmy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the award! I'm happy that included me. Even though I've received this one before, I'm still thrilled to know you enjoy my blog:)

    I don't watch horror movies either. I do like romantic comedies, but I love sci/fi and fantasy the best.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're welcome, Melissa. Happy New Year to you.

    -Jimmy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I really appreciate you taking the time. I'll get back to you here or on one of the other social networks. It's not like we're not on all of them, right? ;) Also, if you're here to give me an award - bless you. However, your friendship and visits are more than enough. Thanks and blessings.