Stalk me elsewhere

Monday, January 17, 2011

An Article and An Interview

Hello, Fire Enthusiasts. How's your Monday? This is a great Monday for many, since in America we celebrate the life of Dr. Martin Luther King with a holiday. My company isn't closed, so I am unfortunately working. Although I do not have a post about the good Doctor, I definitely believe that some time should be spent in reflection of where we've been with regard to equality for all, and how much farther we need to go. Not only that, who will the next peacemaker be?

The reason why I am posting this morning is due to the fact that I had a good writing weekend, and I would like to share it with you.

I was interviewed on Sunday by Lorelei Bell, author of the novel, Vampire Ascending, on her blog: Lorelei's Muse. I hope you will take a moment to see the questions she asked me, as well as read my responses. While you are there, take a look around the place and see what you think. Perhaps you'll find yourself giving her a follow, too. She also has a new novel out that seems to be going places. I'm hoping to pick up my copy very soon.

The other thing that happened for me was the posting of my newest article for the on-line magazine, Kings River Life. I'm writing for the magazine, you may recall, in order to get my name out there. Having said this, know that I take this position very seriously. Sometimes the assignments that I am given are cute and light-hearted. However, very often the assignment is incredibly important or worthy of sharing.

This month the subject of my article is the C.O.P.S. organization. Concerns of Police Survivors is a national organization with local chapters all over the United States. In February 2010, a Deputy and Police Officer were both gunned down in Minkler, California, simply attempting to serve a warrant. My article explains how the Central Valley C.O.P.S. rushed in to assist the families in their time of need. The President of Central C.O.P.S. has a heart for this work because he, too, lost a son in the Line Of Duty.

If you find that you have some time, perhaps you can give each of these a measure of your time. Enjoy your day, whether it's a regular Monday or a special one.

We'll talk soon.

3 comments:

  1. Hi, James. Hey, you did a wonderful job on that article. Very good!

    Thanks for mentioning me, my blog and my book in this post! Goodness, I had 60 hits today, that's a first and if I had an award, I'd give it to you! I think we made a good team on the q&a part.

    Wish you the best for the year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Lorelei. I'm glad to hear that you had that many hits! I kept checking, and will continue to do so for the week, and was sorry that we didn't have more comments. That's always the case, isn't it? It sounds like we'll have to team up again in the future...

    -Jimmy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just read your interview. As always, it was very interesting and fun to get to know more about you. I just can't get over that you wake up at 3am.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I really appreciate you taking the time. I'll get back to you here or on one of the other social networks. It's not like we're not on all of them, right? ;) Also, if you're here to give me an award - bless you. However, your friendship and visits are more than enough. Thanks and blessings.