Friday, June 18, 2010
The Versatile Blogger Award
I want to thank Kelly Dexter over at Nerdville Rhapsody for giving me this fine award. I will display it proudly...as soon as I figure out how. Ha!
In the meantime, there is a great responsibility that goes along with the award. After jumping over to Kelly's blog and thanking her I must now list seven things about myself.
1) I am employed as a Packaging Supervisor for Sun-Maid Growers of California. Yes, the raisins with the lady on the red box.
2) One last thing about Sun-Maid: my alarm wakes me up at 3:00 am. so that I am in the office by 4:00 am.
3) I spent my entire 40 years chewing my fingernails, only to quit cold turkey when my first novel was published. Hmm?
4) I write horror/thrillers, but find myself emotionally satisfied only by romantic comedies.
5) I would shrivel up and die were it not for music. I would last longer without water and food. I'm serious.
6) I love the Chicago Cubs baseball team, but do everything I can to discourage anyone else from following suite due to the perpetual heartbreak, year after year.
7) Spiders I can do; snakes - forget it!
And now comes the best part of this award, and that is passing it along to others far more deserving than I. It is an eclectic bunch of blogs. Some of those listed are at times serious, at others hilarious. Some tend toward darkness, while others tend toward the light and very often supply their own. Some I have known for a while and others I am just beginning to become acquainted with. I have a school-boy's crush on one or two of them (Relax, Jevron! It isn't you!). All are talented as hell and I am a better writer and person for having met them. Behold, I give you:
Demon Vampire Horror, From The Shadows, Holy Terrors, Jessica's Vision, Jevron Mc Crory, Julie Musil, Listen to the Voices, Maria Zannini, Missed Periods and Other Grammatical Scares, Simplify, Talli Roland, Gretchen-Wooden Nickel, Roxy-A Woman's Write, Marissa Farrar, Crimogenic.
I hope that you will take a moment or two to drop by those cool blogs and say hello, including Kelly's. You might decide to follow a few. I hope so. I know I already do.
We'll talk soon.