Stalk me elsewhere

Sunday, May 8, 2011

No Mother's Day This Year

Hello, Fire Enthusiasts.
Yours truly is a fool!
Why did I call myself that, you may ask? It's very simple, really. I only posted once last week on this blog and I was contemplating what my next one should be when it occurred to me. Of course the subject should be Mother's Day.
My mother reads this blog as she has time, so I'd like to take a moment to wish her a Happy Mother's Day. That's her in the photo above, standing beside her "man" (just kidding, Mom). Many of you, my dear readers, happen to be mothers, so I would very much like to wish you a wonderful day as well.
However, a friend of mine, someone that my wife and I used to attend church with in a neighboring town, will not be celebrating this year. Instead, she will be burying a daughter.
Thursday night, on her way home from her job at a nearby hospital, she was hit by another car and killed instantly. She was 43. Her mother may never celebrate this particular holiday ever again...and it's very sad.
I share this with you not to bring down your holiday, but to simply reaffirm how precious life is, and how tenuous.
Mothers, give your children an especially long hug this year, no matter how old they are. Children, love your mothers. It only takes a moment, and you'll be glad you did.

Happy Mother's Day.

We'll talk soon.

4 comments:

  1. Very sweet; very sad; very timely.

    Everything needs to be put in proper perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you, I will be sure to give my mom a huge hug hug when I see her later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Today on my facebook status I put hug your moms for me. I lost my mom four years ago may 2nd. I miss her dearly. This blog is so true. We go through life not wanting to think of unpleasant things. But sometimes we need to remind ourselves of what could be so we can enjoy what is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Natalie. My wife lost her mom over a decade ago and I rarely mention her because I know that it is a terrible wound that has never or will ever heal.
    I'm sorry for your loss.
    Thanks for stopping by. I really appreciate it.

    -Jimmy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I really appreciate you taking the time. I'll get back to you here or on one of the other social networks. It's not like we're not on all of them, right? ;) Also, if you're here to give me an award - bless you. However, your friendship and visits are more than enough. Thanks and blessings.