Stalk me elsewhere

Monday, July 12, 2010

Sunday Morning Musings

Hello, Fire Enthusiasts. Good day! Yes, it isn't morning. Let's get that out of the way right now. I've been busy, which is the subject of today's post: just where have I been and what in the world have I been up to? Well, I feel like old Nosferatu looks.

Several things have been going on.

First of all, my youngest was selected for All-Stars. That meant that on top of my eleven hours a day schedule at work, I essentially lost six out of seven entire weekends. We had this joke: Yes! he made all-stars...oh, no! he made all-stars! Thankfully, we are all finished now. the 12 year old's won two of their tournaments and placed third in the State Tournament.

For those of you who recall my post on the positive review that Traffic Magazine gave Dance on Fire, that local magazine caught the attention of yet another. Kings River Life Magazine, an on-line mag., not only wanted to review the novel, but was interested in my doing articles for them, too. After some getting to know one another, I was eventually asked to join the staff. My first article is being delivered today to be published in a couple of weeks.

Next, you may recall the guest blog that I did for one of my newest pals, C.J. Ellisson. Well, that led to being asked to join her blog, Wicked Writers. I am now a member of her staff, and will be penning my next blog for her. I look forward to stretching myself a bit with both Wicked Writers as well as for Kings River Life Magazine.

Oh, and how about that novel? There have been all sorts of little things. Lots of great friends like Carole Gill who have been pointing out avenues for PR available to me. I thank her and everyone else who has offered encouragement, advice and options. And did I mention the iPhone that I had to purchase in order to be so close to e-mail, blogs, Twitter, etc.?

Of course I do have a family. I almost forgot that, too. Not really. However, I do want to be mindful of the little opportunity that there is now for spending quality time with them. My wife and I have discussed this. Bless her, she is giving me some time to see where all of this might go.

In any event, this is what I have been up to. I am grateful for all of the opportunities that have come my way, and the ones that have yet to make themselves known to me. I may have to begin saying "no" soon, something that I have yet to do very much of, if at all. I definitely will have to prioritize and become more efficient than I have been.

We'll see.

We'll talk soon.

6 comments:

  1. Hey Jimmy! It's Sunday night here so I will let you off the 'morning musings'. So much of writing is time where you are not actually writing! It can be frustrating, but it's also necessary. You are doing amazingly well and have so much support, including your wife. Where would we be without the support of our amazing (and tolerant) partners? Just keep going! p.s. have also had a couple of glasses of wine, so sorry if some of this didn't quite make sense...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ref: iPhone

    I recently bought the Droid Incredible and am slowly learning all the stuff it can do.

    --at least now I can check my mail without booting the husband off the computer. :)

    This is your year, Jimmy. Ride the momentum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, ladies. I appreciate you both taking the time, and for the encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow you're doing great. how can you miss, the way you write? Thank you for mentioning my name! i nearly fell out of my chair!
    best of luck, James!
    It is your year, you wait and see!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like it's all going fantastically :) and congrats to your son

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keep plugging at it - life and writing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I really appreciate you taking the time. I'll get back to you here or on one of the other social networks. It's not like we're not on all of them, right? ;) Also, if you're here to give me an award - bless you. However, your friendship and visits are more than enough. Thanks and blessings.